Morning: Drop-Off, Gates, Playground
Q: What are the logistics for the morning playground program?
A: For all students in grades K-5, the morning playground program logistics are as follows and are represented on the attached map:
- 8:00am - Morning play entry gate by kinder yard on Vernon opens (for students only) *Yellow and red star on the image below. Students can play in the supervised areas on the north side of the playground (in blue and red outline on the map). The south side of the school will be off limits during this time.
- 8:30am - Vernon gate continues to be open and cafeteria door on Los Arcos (blue star on the image below) opens for breakfast (students only).
- A bell will ring on the playground to signal to the morning play students that the cafeteria is open.
- They can choose to go to the cafeteria from the playground or they can choose to continue playing.
- If it is your desire that your child(ren) eat breakfast, please encourage them to make that choice. Our playground staff will also encourage children to eat breakfast, but cannot compel them to do so.
- 8:45am - All regular entry gates (hot pink stars plus yellow star on the image below) open for students and families for drop-off.
- 8:57am - Bell rings for students to line up for class.
- 9:00am - Gates closed and secured for the school day. All parents must exit the campus at that time.
Our playground is open from 8:00-9:00am. The Vernon gate opens at 8am, the cafeteria door opens at 8:30am, BUT the majority of the traffic in the morning is from about 8:45-9:00 when we open the gates for parents to come on campus with their children.
If you are not coming on campus with your child, I highly recommend dropping them off at the Vernon gate from 8:00-8:40 or the cafeteria door between 8:30 and 8:40.
I am open to adding the same gate we are adding at dismissal time, we do not have the supervision to cover that gate at that time so if anyone would like to volunteer to supervise the Albury gate from 8:40-9:00, please let us know. If someone is interested in coordinating volunteers (via sign-up genius or something), that would be great as well. If we can get volunteers to cover each day of the week, we can open it daily.
Another option is to drop your child(ren) off on Albury and let them walk to any of the open gates available for students. It's not a far walk at all and then you can avoid the large amount of traffic on Vernon, Fanwood, and Los Arcos. Just food for thought!